Almond Ricotta Fudge (Almond Burfi)
a sweet treat recipe
I am a software engineer by profession and a food blogger, food photographer and food stylist by passion. I host a cooking show on the South Indian TV channel - Asianet
. I have been blogging at FlavzCorner.com
since 2012. I love experimenting with new cuisines and travel a lot. I try to connect food with beautiful memories that convey stories through my visual art. My Instagram handle is @FlavzCorner
Almond Ricotta Fudge/ Almond Burfi is a rich sweet treat with 2 layers. This soft and delicious fudge has a bottom white layer flavored with cardamom and the top layer has the yellow hue and pleasant flavor from saffron. It is a perfect treat for any celebration.
TIME (ACTIVE) | 15 M
TIME (INACTIVE) | 4 H
TOTAL | 4 H 15 M
| 1.6 oz
4 X 8 INCH LOAF PAN
• Line a 4 x 8 loaf pan with parchment paper overhang.
• Soak 1/4 tsp of saffron threads in 2 tbsp of warm milk.
• Remove the skin of the cardamom pods and ground the seeds into a powder.
• Melt ghee/butter in a non stick pan. Add ricotta cheese, milk powder, almond flour, and sugar. Cook on low to medium heat for 10 minutes till the mix comes together.
• Divide the mix into 2 batches. Add cardamom powder to one batch and mix well. Add saffron milk including the saffron threads to the other batch and mix well.
• Spread the white cardamom layer into the prepared pan. Transfer the saffron flavored mix on top of the first layer and spread it evenly. Cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
• After 4 hour, carefully remove the fudge from the pan. Cut into 5 equal sized bars. Divide each bars into 2. Cut each piece diagonally into half to get 2 triangles from each piece. Serve them cold.
These Almond Ricotta Fudge/Almond Burfi can be stored in air tight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Use a mortar and pestle to grind the cardamom seeds. Alternatively you can use SELEFINA ground cardamom seeds.
Aromatic and flavorful, whole green cardamom pods can be lightly crushed to further enhance flavor in cooking.
TRY ME - SAMPLE$0.75
1.3 oz - JAR$10
1.3 oz - REFILL$9
6 oz - REFILL$24
super negin grade
.035 oz | 1g - JAR$13
.035 oz | 1g - REFILL$12
.175 oz | 5g - REFILL$55