Cheesy Baked Beans
a snack / dip / spread recipe
Vanya is a self-taught home cook and baker who draws inspiration from all facets of life - from coming up with simple but nutritional dishes for her young picky eaters, to planning elaborate meals for entertaining and fancy dinner parties. She has an Eastern European background but has spent most of her adult years in the US where she’s gotten exposed to a plethora of international cuisines. Much of her daily cooking goes back to childhood favorites, but the self-proclaimed foodie in her loves perfecting dishes from all around the world. She always strives to learn new techniques and experiment with new spices and ingredients and enjoys creating recipes for her Instagram (@my_gourmet_home
) and blog (www.mygourmethome.com
A delicious twist on traditional baked beans, this savory and comforting dish can be enjoyed as a side for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
TIME (ACTIVE) | 25 M
TOTAL | 25 M
| .5 cup
CAST IRON SKILLET
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the garlic in a splash of olive oil for 30 sec to 1 minute until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and cook stirring often until the liquids are slightly reduced. Add the drained beans. Season with salt and pepper and a generous sprinkling of the Balkan Medley spice blend. Cook for a few minutes gently smashing some of the beans.
- Remove from the stove, sprinkle with the shredded cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Finish by garnishing with fresh chopped parsley.
Expiry: Up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge
Best eaten with toasted French baguette.
spice blend collab
Balkan Medley is a versatile blend that can be used in a variety of dishes - from seasoning a stew, to using it as a rub for grilled meats, to sprinkling on top of appetizer dips. As its name suggests, it is inspired by the traditional cuisine found amongst the Balkan Peninsula countries - from grandma’s kitchen, to a street food vendor, to a fancy restaurant. With its herbal notes including thyme and oregano, this blend will elevate your meals and is the perfect addition to your spice cabinet.
Use this blend to make:
• Grilled chicken kebabs
• Sprinkled on top of Feta Dip
• On your morning buttered toast
This blend does not contain salt so add salt and pepper to taste.
Do not burn as it can become bitter!