Creamy Sausage and Potato Soup
a soup recipe
Vinny is a family-taught home cook who focuses on cooking meals that the whole family can enjoy. He is driven by his love for spending time in the kitchen where he grew up spending time with his parents and siblings. He started shooting food photography and videography as a way to capture the importance of sharing a home-cooked meal with your family. He works as a photographer and digital media specialist full-time. On the side you can find his work on Instagram @vindelgiudice
or his blog, Always From Scratch
. His recipes consist of Italian-inspired family meals like lentil soup and chicken francese!
A delicious and heartwarming soup with leeks, carrots, and onions. A combination of blended cannellini beans and starchy potatoes provides a creamy and chunky texture.
TIME (ACTIVE) | 1 H
TIME (INACTIVE) | 1 H
TOTAL | 2 H
| 8 cups
1 DUTCH OVEN OR LARGE POT
- Combine ground pork, parmesan, olive oil, and 2 tbsp of Italian Sausage Seasoning. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Bring your dutch oven to medium-high heat. Place the ground pork in the dutch oven and break it apart. Let it sit for a few minutes then continue to break apart until the sausage is browned through. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium. There should still be some oil in the pot from the sausage. Saute the leeks, carrots, and celery for about 8 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp of sweet Italian sausage seasoning.
- Once the vegetables are softened, stir in the beans and chicken broth. Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Use an immersion blender to blend the beans. Only blend for 3-5 seconds.
- Return the sausage to the pot and add the potatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes, covered and stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cover and serve!
3- 4 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer
When you place the sausage in the pot, allow it to sit for a moment so that it will develop a crust. Then break apart the sausage and cook till brown.
If you don't have an immersion blender, use a fork to grind up some of the beans before placing them in the pot.
spice blend collab
Sweet Italian Sausage seasoning is delicious and versatile seasoning that can be used for anything from making your own ground sausage blend to roasting a chicken. The seasoning is inspired by - you guessed it - a sweet Italian sausage! It’s a great blend to change up your seasonings when you’re cooking chicken, pork, or stews and soups!