a snack / dip / spread recipe
Lisa Christy is a recipe developer and food content creator from San Diego, California. While she has a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development and a background in teaching, her true passion is creating delicious recipes at home. When she’s not in the kitchen, you can find her enjoying an outdoor hike, taking a dance class, or traveling with her husband. Follow her on Instagram @mrs.christycooks
These deviled potatoes are an easy appetizer for any dinner party! A sprinkle of paprika adds a pop of color to this delicious dish.
TIME (ACTIVE) | 40 M
TOTAL | 40 M
| ~ 3 potatoes per serving
- Place the potatoes and rosemary into a large pot. Add a generous pinch of salt. Add water to the pot (just enough to cover the potatoes).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and let the potatoes cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of water from the pot, then drain the potatoes.
- Once they are cool enough to touch, slice off the top of each potato lengthwise (about 1/4 of the potato). If needed, cut a small slice off the bottom to allow potatoes to lay flat.
- Place the cut parts of the potatoes into a food processor, then add the mustard, sour cream, lemon zest, and a generous pinch of black pepper. Add a splash of the reserved water and pulse until smooth, being careful not to over-mix or the texture will become gummy. (Add more water as you go if needed).
- Taste the mixture and add more salt and pepper if desired. Fill a piping bag or Ziploc bag with the mixture and top each potato with about a tablespoon of it.
- Garnish with chives and paprika.
Expiry: Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If using a Ziploc bag for piping the filling onto the potatoes — fill a gallon sized bag with the mixture, close the bag, then snip just the corner of the bag off (start with a small cut and make it larger if needed). Squeeze about 1 tbsp of filling onto each potato.
This version of Spanish paprika has only a very mild amount of heat, with a slightly sweet and slightly smoky flavor. It is a deep red color with flecks of yellow and has a smooth, fine granular texture.
TRY ME - SAMPLE$0.75
2 oz - JAR$7
2 oz - REFILL$6
8 oz - REFILL$15