Lemon and Ginger Cake
with Lemon Syrup
a sweet treat recipe
Karine Eludut is a recipe developer and food photographer based in Houston, Texas.
As French-born, food has always been an essential part of her life. French cuisine is her culinary background and the beginning of her journey in the kitchen. Several moves in different countries and extensive travels in the Middle East and Asia during the last two decades have broadened her cooking experiences with new techniques, flavors, and ingredients.
Transmitting her passion for cooking came during her years in Saudi Arabia, where she developed a business of catering and cooking lessons. Back in the US and becoming a health coach, she is prioritizing healthy and seasonal recipes but not only. A balanced diet is the key.
Then came food photography: first, as a hobby to showcase her dishes and inspire people to cook at home, then as one of her services surrounding food.
Indulge in the zesty delight of Lemon and Ginger Cake. This recipe combines the vibrant flavors of lemon and ginger, resulting in a moist, aromatic cake. A drizzle of lemon syrup adds a perfect finishing touch. Perfect for any occasion!
TIME (ACTIVE) | 25 M
TIME (INACTIVE) | 1 H
TOTAL | 1 H 25 M
| 1 slice = 1 serving
9-INCH LOAF CAKE MOLD
- In a small saucepan or in a microwave, melt the butter. Set it aside and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, the zest of 2 lemons, and the ground ginger. Set it aside for 10 minutes to allow the sugar to absorb the lemon and ginger flavors.
- Meanwhile, grease and flour the loaf cake pan, and remove any excess flour.
- Preheat the oven to 335°F (168°C).
- Add the eggs and whisk until well combined and smooth, and forms ribbons.
- Pour the heavy cream into the mixture and combine.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture. Gently combine with a spatula without over mixing.
- Add the ginger root crystallized cubes and combine.
- Add the melted butter and combine delicately.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf cake pan.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes. The cake is ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Prepare the lemon syrup by bringing the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon juice. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the cake is baked, brush the top of the cake with the syrup.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional: decorate with more lemon zests.
4 days, in plastic wrap.
It's important to have all the ingredients at room temperature.
The cake should be hot when brushing it with the syrup to allow it to soak into the cake.
Dried ground ginger is an aromatic and pungent spice with citrusy, even woodsy, notes. Used in baked goods and ginger-flavored favs.
TRY ME - SAMPLE$0.75
1.6 oz - JAR$6
1.6 oz - REFILL$5
6 oz - REFILL$13
Crystallized ginger root is tender and sweet with a spicy bite. Add small cubes of crystallized ginger to dishes for chewy texture and a bit of sweet spiciness.
TRY ME - SAMPLE$0.75
2 oz - JAR$5
2 oz - REFILL$4
8 oz - REFILL$12