Lemon Pepper Chicken
a dinner recipe
Kayla is a self-taught home cook and baker. Growing up with her grandparents, she would spend hours in front of the TV watching the Food Network. She and her grandmother would mold play-dough into different fruits and vegetables while watching cooking shows and have contests to see who made the most realistic dish. Eventually, Kayla moved on from play-dough and began to work with real food. On her blog, enrootkitchen.com
, you’ll find recipes made from scratch for the home cook and baker ranging from all skill levels! She also showcases these dishes on her Instagram: @enrootkitchen
Words cannot explain how creamy and delicious this lemon pepper chicken with orzo is! It's made in one pot and takes just a few ingredients to come together.
TIME (ACTIVE) | 35 M
TOTAL | 35 M
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Add the olive oil to a cast iron pan and when the oil is sizzling, add the seasoned chicken thighs.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from the skillet for now.
- Add the garlic and shallot to the skillet and cook until the shallots are translucent and garlic is fragrant. Then, add in the chicken broth and scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the cast iron pan.
- Stir in the orzo and cook for 8 minutes or until the orzo is fully cooked. Reduce heat to low and add in the parmesan cheese and heavy cream.
- Add in the chopped dill, sliced lemons, and return the cooked chicken thighs back into the skillet and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Up to three days in an airtight container in the fridge.
spice blend collab
This elevated lemon pepper seasoning deserves a key spot in your pantry!
Between the leading flavors of bright citrus from the fresh lemon zest and the woody, elevated heat you get from the long pepper, this lemon pepper spice blend is truly unlike anything you’ve ever had.
This is the perfect blend for a multitude of meals (and more):
• Use on top of meats or seafood!
• Sprinkle over your favorite roasted veggies (such as asparagus or broccolini)!
• Toss it with pasta!
• Sprinkle it on popcorn!
... and so much more!