a sweet treat recipe
by Jayalakshmi Rangarajan
I’m Jayalakshmi Rangarajan, a software engineer by profession and a food photographer by passion. I’m currently based out of Memphis, Tennessee. A winner of 16 international food photography awards, I enjoy styling and photographing food and produce. I’ve worked with leading brands to create images and videos that convey a food story.
Check out my Instagram handle at @kitchenmusingsbyjay
Mango Shrikhand is a popular Indian dessert made with Greek Yogurt, and fresh mango pulp. The smooth, creamy, delectable texture makes it a perfect after meal dessert. It’s an easy, no cook recipe, that comes together in no time. Great for parties, can be made well ahead and stored.
TIME (ACTIVE) | 10 M
TIME (INACTIVE) | 3 H
TOTAL | 3 H 10 M
| about a quart
- In a bowl, take 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt. Whisk it smooth.
- Add fresh mango pulp to the yogurt and mix gently.
- Taste and add sugar if desired.
- Add ground cardamom and combine everything well.
- Pour it into dessert cups and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve chilled. Can be topped with freshly cut mango pieces and sliced nuts.
Expiry: Can be refrigerated and stored up to 2 weeks.
Cardamom is a strong spice with equal parts menthol, floral, and sweet flavor. It is widely used in traditional Indian, Middle Eastern and Nordic cuisines as well as a popular flavoring for tea and coffee.
TRY ME - SAMPLE$0.75
2 oz - JAR$11
2 oz - REFILL$10