Ginger and Quinoa Chocolate Bark
a sweet treat recipe
Kimberly, a self-taught baker and food photographer, discovered her passion for both through experimentation. She wants to inspire others to enjoy baking and show that creating delicious treats is possible with patience and creativity. Her food photography showcases the beauty and joy of baking, encouraging others to try it themselves.
Experience the delight of this ginger and puffed quinoa chocolate bark—a treat with a satisfying, toasty crunch, sweet and spicy ginger kick, and dark chocolate's mild sweetness, all perfectly balanced with a touch of fleur de sel.
TIME (ACTIVE) | 20 M
TOTAL | 20 M
| 10-15 pieces
Expiry: Store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks at cool room temperature.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in 30 second intervals, thoroughly stirring after each.
- Add puffed quinoa to the melted chocolate, stirring well to combine.
- Pour the chocolate quinoa mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Using an offset spatula or spoon, evenly spread the chocolate to 1/8" to 1/4" thickness.
- Sprinkle the crystallized ginger over the top followed by the fleur de sel.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Remove from freezer, and break apart into pieces.
To prevent sugar crystals from forming, thoroughly stir chocolate after each interval to prevent the temperature from going too high.
For a fun marble effect, after spreading out the chocolate and quinoa mixture, drizzle milk or white chocolate on top. Using a toothpick, swirl in the milk chocolate, then continue with topping with the crystallized ginger.
Crystallized ginger root is tender and sweet with a spicy bite. Add small cubes of crystallized ginger to dishes for chewy texture and a bit of sweet spiciness.
TRY ME - SAMPLE$0.75
2 oz - JAR$5
2 oz - REFILL$4
8 oz - REFILL$12
gourmet sea salt
This gourmet artisanal finishing salt is harvested by hand from the coast of France. This bright white treasure is comprised of snow-like crystals and has a slight hint of violets. Use only a pinch of this to enhance dishes just before serving.
TRY ME - SAMPLE$0.75
3 oz - REFILL$6
16 oz - REFILL$29