Harvest Spice Granola
a breakfast recipe
Kimberly, a self-taught baker and food photographer, discovered her passion for both through experimentation. She wants to inspire others to enjoy baking and show that creating delicious treats is possible with patience and creativity. Her food photography showcases the beauty and joy of baking, encouraging others to try it themselves.
Enjoy the comforting warmth of this Harvest Spice-infused granola, showcasing a well-balanced blend of oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and a touch of honey's sweetness. Enhance your mornings with this easy-to-make breakfast (or snack!), made even more convenient with Harvest Spice.
TIME (ACTIVE) | 30 M
TIME (INACTIVE) | 15 M
TOTAL | 45 M
| 2 oz
MIXING BOWL SAUCE PAN BAKING SHEET
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the old-fashioned oats, chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit, unsweetened shredded coconut, and puffed quinoa. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan, add the oil, cashew butter, Harvest Spice, honey, salt, and vanilla extract. Place on medium-low heat, stirring to combine until the mixture is heated through.
- Pour warmed oil mixture over the dry ingredients. Mix well until no dry ingredients remain.
- Evenly spread granola mixture onto prepared baking sheet, pressing firmly with a spatula.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the granola has turned golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking up the granola with your hands or a spatula.
Cashew butter has a mild flavor, which compliments the Harvest Spice. Peanut butter may also be used, but might compete with the spice blend. If using peanut butter, add an additional 1/2 tbsp of Harvest Spice.
Homemade granola can go from perfect to burned quickly if left in the oven too long. Begin checking on the granola around 10 minutes, then every 2-3 minutes to ensure the granola doesn't burn.
gourmet sea salt
This gourmet artisanal finishing salt is harvested by hand from the coast of France. This bright white treasure is comprised of snow-like crystals and has a slight hint of violets. Use only a pinch of this to enhance dishes just before serving.
TRY ME - SAMPLE$0.75
3 oz - REFILL$6
16 oz - REFILL$29
Sweet + Savory Blend
spice blend collab
When creating this spice blend, I was inspired by my childhood growing up in a West Indian household, which is why it’s named Harvest Spice; for the cozy feeling of home and nostalgia the aroma of this blend invokes. The spices I used for this blend were all part of the dishes we enjoyed, especially during the holidays when the sweet scent of cinnamon, warm clove, citrusy cardamom, aromatic nutmeg, and peppery allspice permeated the air. I wanted this blend to pull double duty in the kitchen, so I added earthy coriander and the subdued bite of white pepper to bridge the gap between sweet and savory.
This incredibly versatile spice blend has limitless uses:
Breakfast recipes such as French toast or baked oatmealBaked goods such as pies, cakes, and cookiesMeat and poultry dishes, like Moroccan-inspired stews
Add Harvest Spice to dry ingredients for sweet treats, then follow the recipe as instructed.When preparing your savory dishes, add the spices after the aromatics have softened and sautee briefly to avoid burning. This method allows the flavors to bloom and be efficiently distributed throughout the dish.