with Sweet Italian Sausage Seasoning
a dinner recipe
Vinny is a family-taught home cook who focuses on cooking meals that the whole family can enjoy. He is driven by his love for spending time in the kitchen where he grew up spending time with his parents and siblings. He started shooting food photography and videography as a way to capture the importance of sharing a home-cooked meal with your family. He works as a photographer and digital media specialist full-time. On the side you can find his work on Instagram @vindelgiudice
or his blog, Always From Scratch
. His recipes consist of Italian-inspired family meals like lentil soup and chicken francese!
A whole spatchcock chicken will feed the whole family for an affordable price with minimal work! Add our sweet Italian sausage seasoning and some butter to make this an unforgettable dish.
TIME (ACTIVE) | 15 M
TIME (INACTIVE) | 1 H
TOTAL | 1 H 15 M
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine butter and sweet Italian sausage seasoning in a small bowl. Chop carrots and onions into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Remove the chicken from the packaging and thoroughly dry the skin of the chicken. Place the bird breast side down and using kitchen shears, cut out the backbone of the chicken. Then place the cut side down and press against the breast of the chicken to flatten it to the baking tray. Season the whole chicken with salt. Place carrots and onions around the chicken.
- Using the compound butter you've created, start massaging the butter all over and under the chicken's skin until it is completely covered in butter. Drizzle the olive oil over the onions and carrots and season them with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken in the oven for approximately 1 hour but be sure to check the temperature of the thickest part of the chicken. Once it reaches 165 degrees remove the chicken from the oven. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve by using a knife to cut the chicken into pieces. Find the joints and cut out the thighs, legs, wings, and breasts.
3-4 days in an airtight container
Always rest the chicken before cutting into it. If you cut right into it, you will lose all of the moistness.
If you don't feel like your chicken has the golden brown skin, broil it for the last 2 minutes.
Himalayan salt has a strong, salty flavor and a slight mineral aroma. This version is fine grain and ready to use in cooking or as a table salt replacement.
TRY ME - SAMPLE$0.75
4 oz - JAR$3
4 oz - REFILL$2
16 oz - REFILL$7
spice blend collab
Sweet Italian Sausage seasoning is delicious and versatile seasoning that can be used for anything from making your own ground sausage blend to roasting a chicken. The seasoning is inspired by - you guessed it - a sweet Italian sausage! It’s a great blend to change up your seasonings when you’re cooking chicken, pork, or stews and soups!